BECOMING A MEMBER OF PCOTC
Any individual who attends classes at Port Chester Obedience Training Club can apply for membership in the club.
Click here to see member benefits.
Interesting in becoming a member of PCOTC?
Interested in seeing more about the events at PCOTC? Check out our quarterly newsletter, Sit 'n Stay; highlighting events at PCOTC, member achievements and a variety of articles on what’s happening in dog training and dog sports nation-wide.
FOR CURRENT MEMBERS ONLY
- Our bylaws have been revised so that in the future, our club year will run from Jan 1 to Dec 31. As a result, the current renewal will cover June 2017-December 31, 2018. Volunteer members will need to collect 18 hours during this extended year to maintain their volunteer discount.
- Membership renewal for the June 2017-Dec 2018 year is now closed. Any members wishing to renew will have to contact the board of directors to determine eligibility. Click for a new Membership Application.
For more information about membership and the renewal process, please contact Sara Gagnon.
To submit your dog's new titles/awards for the "Our Stars" column in our newsletter, Sit 'n Stay, please fill out the "Our Stars" Form.
To request an Annual Title Award for April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017, please fill out the Title Award Form by May 8.
There are five club meetings a year, scheduled a year in advance. Future scheduled club meetings are:
- Saturday, April 28th - Spring Clean Up and Club Meeting
- Wednesday, June 27th - Annual Club Meeting
- Tuesday, August 28th - Club Meeting
- Friday, October 26th - Halloween Party & Club Meeting
- Wednesday, December 12th - Holiday Party & Club Meeting
Any member can put items on the agenda for membership discussion. Items are not automatically put on agendas and are first considered by the board. To submit an item for consideration, members must send the item to either the Corresponding Secretary (Olga Kornienko) or President (Sara Gagnon) five weeks before the meeting.
Board meetings are scheduled at the close of each meeting for flexibility, to ensure that as many board members as possible will be able to attend. The Board meets approximately every 5-6 weeks and Board meetings are not open. However, when time permits the Board welcomes members who have specific issues that want to discuss. Forward requests for an item to be placed on the board's agenda by sending it to either the Corresponding Secretary or the President. The board accepts agenda items on an ongoing basis and they are discussed by the board at the next appropriate meeting.